About: ALISON SWEENEY
- Alison Sweeney is busy juggling the roles of host for NBC’s hit reality series “The Biggest Loser,” host and executive producer of “Hollywood Girls Night,” and the award-winning Sami Brady on NBC’s hit daytime drama “Days of our Lives” with her roles as producer, director, author, wife and mother.
Sweeney, who is just completed her tenth consecutive season as host of NBC’s “The Biggest Loser,” leads the hit reality series in transforming the lives of show contestants and television viewers worldwide. Sweeney was so inspired by the contestants running a marathon each season, that she recently completed the 2012 Los Angeles Marathon and is currently training for the 2012 Nautica Malibu Triathlon.
Sweeney is also an accomplished author with her most recent book, THE MOMMY DIET, released in 2011 and the paperback edition released in December 2012. The book reveals the “diet” of nutrition, fitness and self-care that women can follow to look and feel fantastic – before and during pregnancy, and after giving birth. The Mommy Diet focuses on ways to get and keep physical and mental healthy, while offering ways to slim down after having a child in a positive, attainable way. Dr. Oz, Holly Robinson Pete and Jillian Michaels are amongst those who provided endorsements for her book.
No stranger to the camera, Sweeney began her acting career at age 4. At 16-years-old, Sweeney joined the cast of “Days of our Lives” and in her almost 20 consecutive years as “Sami Brady,” her character has tackled controversial storylines including bulimia, date rape, teen pregnancy, and capital punishment. Sweeney’s performance has garnered numerous awards including The Soap Opera Digest Awards four times (1986, ’98, ’99 and 2001) for the role of “Favorite Villain” and the award for “Favorite Good Girl” in 2001. Sweeney also won the award for “America’s Favorite Villain” at the 29th Annual Daytime Emmy Awards. During the past few years at “Days of our Lives,” Sweeney has also added director to her long list of credits.
She continues her philanthropic work as an Ambassador for Stand Up To Cancer, a member of the Entertainment Council for Feeding America and a co-host for the annual MDA Telethon.
She currently resides in Los Angeles with her husband Dave, a California Highway Patrol officer, and their 7-year-old son Ben and 3-year-old daughter Megan
Posts by ALISON SWEENEY:
- Building their confidence at a young age!, 28 Sep 2012 in Kids
- I love hearing their stories!, 26 Sep 2012 in Kids
- Learning to ride a bike again!, 25 Sep 2012 in Health
- Sleep deprivation!, 21 Sep 2012 in Kids & Living
- A bit on the preppy side!, 19 Sep 2012 in Beauty & Living
- We walk the dogs together!, 19 Sep 2012 in Health & Kids
- At home with my kids!, 19 Sep 2012 in Health & Living
- Learning about the world in person!, 19 Sep 2012 in Kids & Living
- I exercise just right for me!, 19 Sep 2012 in Health
- It’s delicious and super fun to make!, 17 Sep 2012 in Food